This page provides the opportunity to understand how we collect, store and process your data and to put your mind at ease with regards to the information you provide us.
Registered office address: KARO Sound Development, Kurt Ader & Oliver Rehn, Wallstadter Strasse 64, D-68259 Mannheim, GERMANY, company number
What personal data is collected?
To help provide you with, and improve our service, we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you submit via web forms such as your first name, surname and email address.
• Information you submit during the process of purchasing an item from us including your invoice and delivery addresses and telephone numbers.
• A record of your correspondence with us via phone, email or other means.
Details of your visits to our website including the following data sets; device information, location information, third party data (for marketing campaign management). Please note we do not share your details with any third parties without your consent.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny files which websites use in order to work properly and provide important visitor data to us. They can be placed on your computer when you visit a website and help to make your web experience quicker, easier and tailored to you.
Session cookies are those which expire upon the closing of the web browser and persistent cookies are those which remain in place after a session has ended.
Types of cookies
• Essential cookies (e-commerce checkout and basket functionality, location targeting, device targeting).
• Website information cookies (enables us to understand traffic and visitor engagement levels to improve the quality of the website).
• Setting cookies (enables an improvement is usability by adapting font size, style and page layout).
• Advertising cookies (improve the quality of advert targeting, ensuring you see what’s most relevant to you).
Disabling cookies If you would like to disable cookies, please take necessary steps within your web browsers' security settings.
User agreement By continuing to use our site, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device. If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that our website will function to the best of its ability.
Processing your personal data
We will process your personal data in a secure manner that meets European Privacy Laws. As a company we process under the concept of ‘legitimate interests’. Therefore, when you provide your personal details to us, we ensure that your data is processed for a distinct purpose whilst ensuring that your interests, rights and freedoms have been thoroughly considered. We will not use personal data for activities where our business interests are overridden by the impact on your privacy or other interests.
We will carefully process the personal information you have supplied to us to conduct and manage our business, to provide relevant marketing communications, fulfil our service commitments and provide the best possible customer service whilst delivering a secure experience. If you are not happy about the manner in which we process your data, the ‘your rights’ section of this page provides details on how you can withdraw from processing.
By giving us your personal data to fulfil your order or to allow us to provide services to you, we will endeavour to keep your data secure. We pursue ongoing improvement in the methods used to transfer and store data, ensuring that we align with industry standards.
Personal data may be stored securely on third party platforms which are used for marketing or operational purposes.
When storing data, we aim to retain the data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose in which it was obtained, with the objective to ensure the highest level of data accuracy. Where identified as inaccurate, data is either rectified or destroyed in a secure manner. Data retention periods vary between operational activities, with the business providing consideration as to the length of time data is held for on a case by case basis.
Regarding storage, there are several ways in which your data may be stored:
• Within cloud servers. When utilising platforms to fulfil our operational requirements, third party solutions may be used to store the data.
• Within physical servers. We maintain several physical servers which are securely located at our Registered Office.
• Hard copy, where hard copies of data are retained, they are kept in a secure and clean environment.
We do not share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your information in the following cases:
• To develop and create an improved customer experience. Often, this data is anonymised anyway.
• For a partner to fulfil your order.
• We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or to protect your or other people’s property, safety or rights.
• We can exchange information with specific third parties to protect against fraud or credit risks.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
• Subject access request – To see what information we hold on you. Please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
• Right to be forgotten – Once you know what personal information we hold on you, you can request us to delete the relevant information. Please send an email to email@example.com to request this.
• Right to object from us processing your data – You can object to processing from direct marketing communications using our unsubscribe form. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
• Right to correct your data – Once you have completed a Subject access request, if any of your personal data we hold isn’t accurate, let us know and we’ll get it updated for you. We aim to comply with legislation and respond within thirty days of receiving personal data requests.